Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Chattanooga smart home
At the center of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total command of your Chattanooga home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and check out tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Chattanooga do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers complete remote operability via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or recorded video from all connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Chattanooga by setting schedules or initiating rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms all devices except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Chattanooga
Even though various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, tap phone or email and enter the details to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To take out a user, just navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Chattanooga security system. Contact (423) 561-9767 to learn more.